Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shelby's Letter to Daddy

Shelby typed this letter tonight to Nate while I was out of the house.  I had to share.
(Sorry the letter appears centered when it posts to the blog.  That is the design of the template even if I set it to left margin).

Dear Daddy,
You always know what to do when I do something wrong.  You are special, and I think you should know you are special.  I am writing this letter to you for that reason.  ENJOY!

You are always special no matter what!  You might get kicked out of baseball games, but that does not matter!  If you have any more problems with them again, you need to show THEM whose boss!  Your favorite sport was ALWAYS baseball!  I like that!  I know MY favorite sport is Soccer, but I don't mean to break your heart!  You are strong no matter what stands in your path you always have a solution to it!  That's what makes YOU strong!  You're my dad, and nothing can come between the two of us!  I always still remember my first words being..... DA-DA!  I always came to you for my problems, and you always calmed me down with those words three deep breaths...And it always worked!  Don't even forget that you STILL type on your phone the word you like this U and guess what I really like that!  So whenever you're having one of those days when somebody comes up to you and says something that you don't like.  Come to me....And I'll take care of them.

See Daddy, you can be so special sometimes that you don't even recognize it, but I'm the one that can tell you!

Love you so much with lots of kisses,
Shelby Maddux Metzger

No comments: